Browse our lessons and click the link of your choice.
|Politicians are experts at dealing with awkward questions.|
But how do they do? Here are a few of their tricks.
- Vocabulary : go on, under the sun, tactic, proceed, reel off, blind someone with science, launch into, recall, reformulation, wear down, strike, loop.
- Grammar : comparatives and as .. as.
- Speaking : academic language.
|Listen to Sheldon Christensen talking about the history and the origin of the Maple Syrup.|
He explains some processing methods (tapping maple trees and boiling down the sap) to produce the syrup in the Western Canada.
- Vocabulary : grove, gash, sap, bark, accompany, crisp, inch, gallon, birch, tomahawk, chip, spigot, pail.
- Grammar : enough.
- Speaking : making small talk.
|Beth visited her uncle Johnathan in New York City, The Big Apple.|
She told her uncle about her thoughts of moving to NYC and all the things she want to do there.
- Vocabulary : take time off, The Big Apple, glamour, glamorous, wealthy, ordinary.
- Grammar : relative clauses (who / which / that).
- Speaking : how to remember words!
|This is an old Irish legend and one of the best-known tales from Ireland.|
The story is all about a jealous woman who used black magic to turn her children-in-law into swans.
- Vocabulary : remarry, the edge of, spell, turn into, banish, trickle, storm, reunite, bond, desolate, baptise, holy water.
- Grammar : as .. as, antonyms.
- Speaking : Irish English.